The focus of the DREAM phase of the cycle* is to help us get really clear about our intentions, hopes, dreams and visions to develop a workable and achievable life plan.
Clear and precise intentions are at the very heart of manifesting what we want in our lives. The clearer we are, the more effective our plans can be and ultimately the more we will love what we create and put out into the world.
To be intentional, we need to be reminded to revisit our dreams and visions on a regular basis. We need to cut through all the noise in our lives to work towards making our dreams come true.
The community at ‘Determined to Love Mondays’ can be that friendly reminder when you need it the most.
Most of us have said something like this at one time or another:
- “I’ve got to do more with my life.”
- “I’m feeling lost and not sure what I’m supposed to be doing.”
- “I wish I could figure out what I really want to do.”
- “I’m having a hard time discovering my true purpose.”
- “I’m so busy but it feels like I’m not getting anything done.”
- “If I had more time, I’d…”
- “I want to make my dreams and visions a reality, but…”
- “I want to achieve my dreams, however…”
- “I want to make my dreams come true, except…”
- “I’ll keep dreaming until my dreams come true, maybe someday….”
- “I’ve seen others’ dreams come true so I know it’s possible, but…”
The but’s, however’s, except’s and someday’s can and should stop here and now.
With a shift in mindset, some true clarification about what you really want your life goals to be, and some purposeful planning, the ‘someday’ can be today.
The beauty of having a plan is that you can then take it one step, one day at a time. That is the key to true success for anyone who has a lot going on in their life, as most of us do.
By developing and accomplishing small, reasonable goals, a bit each day, suddenly you notice, ‘it’s happening, it’s really happening.’
Reinventing ourselves takes baby steps so once you’re clear about those steps, you can begin to move forward. Without those baby steps the but’s, however’s and someday’s remain a part of our vocabulary.
A sample of topics we’ll be exploring in the Dream phase include:
- Dreaming big and releasing fears.
- Getting clear on how to effectively define our dreams and visions.
- Writing out our dreams to get intentional about where we want to go.
- Giving ourselves and one another permission to dream and say ‘yes’ to living a fulfilling and satisfying life.
- Taking responsibility for our success and how we handle our challenges.
- Examining how we identify with our work and discovering if that identity is creating barriers or bridges.
- Reviewing our expectations so we are careful not to expect to ‘arrive’ overnight. It takes work, hard work darn it, so we must expect that!
No matter where you are in the DREAM ◊ PLAN ◊ CREATE cycle now, you’ve come to the right place to find ideas about how to effectively work within that phase each time you find yourself there.
Sign up for the newsletter (below) so you don’t miss all the supportive and encouraging ideas coming your way. They may just come at the moment when you need them most.
*Visit the ABOUT page for an introduction to the DREAM ◊ PLAN ◊ CREATE cycle.